What is a Houseboat Holiday?
A houseboat holiday is a unique experience. Choose your vessel, choose your crew and skipper your fully equipped houseboat along the waterways in the Mandurah/Murray Region of Western Australia. We recommend you stay for a minimum of 2 nights to relax and enjoy your holiday; there is simply too much to see and do. Our houseboats have all the amenities for your trip including hot water, showers, bathrooms, kitchen with oven/stovetop and fridge. Boats cater for different crew numbers and sleeping arrangement and our staff will help you choose the boat best suited to your requirements. You don’t need a Skippers Ticket as our staff provide appropriate instruction and training before departing.
Some of the things you may see and do on your holiday (Download our River guide for more things to do riverguide):
- Plenty of crabbing, scooping at Boundary Island is a favourite!
- Fishing (Dawesville Cut and the Murray Rivers are popular spots)
- Watch the dolphins frolicking
- Sunset drinks and nibbles at Coopers Mill or Boundary Island while the kids run amok on the play ground
- Breakfast at popular Pelican store at South Yunderup
- Lunch at the Ravenswood Hotel or the Riv (formerly the Clansman Tavern) on the banks of the Murray River
- Dinner & Drinks at the Sandy Cove Tavern & Restaurant
- Cuddle the koalas, pet the kangaroos and feed the animals at Peel Zoo in Pinjarra
- 18 holes at the prestigious and picturesque Pinjarra Golf Course
- Sunday Session at the Redcliffe on the Murray, with live bands and great food!
- Antique & Gift shop shopping at Pinjarra
- Movies and then fish & chips at the Mandurah Foreshore
- Bring your canoe and paddle upriver, it is truly worth it!
- Spoil the kids with a day at Kings Carnival on the Mandurah Foreshore, there’s also a Fun 4 Kids water activity play area.
- And so much more…
No, however you must be at least 21, and have a current driver’s license (If you don’t have a current driver’s license, a Skipper’s ticket is acceptable)
All Skippers irrespective of their marine experience receive a tuition that is specific to the boat, tailored to the Skipper’s experience and broadly covers three areas 1) the boat, 2) boat manual & map and 3) driving instructions.
Weather and tidal conditions that the Skipper is likely to experience are also discussed.
- All kitchenware, cleaning products and tea towels
- Cooktop and Oven
- Toilets and showers (incl. toilet paper)
- Hot water System
- 80L Esky
- Inverter (to supply 240v suitable to charge mobile phones and laptops)
- TV and DVD Player
- Radio/CD player
- Swim Platform with ladder
- Shaded decks
- Outdoor settings
- Crab nets and cooker
- Ctrack Safety Tracking System
Mobile phones with chargers, food, drinking water, sheets and towels (when not provided with the boat), DVDs, music, books, sunscreen, fishing gear, board games etc…
There is parking at all 3 of our locations (Mandurah, Ravenswood and Port Bouvard). Parking at Ravenswood is in a secured compound.
All houseboats must be moored by sunset and cannot move before first light.
You can moor at any public jetty and moorings (fixed or swing-type) overnight and for 4 hours during daylight hours.
In addition, you may moor for any period of time (day or night) at our private jetties at Mandurah and Ravenswood and our private swing-moorings located near Port Bouvard.
Our staff will provide locations of some popular mooring locations during your instruction, including 2 islands.
There are numerous shops and licensed venues along the river where you can buy food, ice, bait etc…
All boats are fully fuelled prior to departure and fuel is charged based on quantity used (at the Mandurah Ocean Mariner bowser rate).
Yes, with conditions to be discussed with Mandurah Houseboats.
All boats (except Quiksilver) operate a 12v power system. An inverter (to supply 240v suitable to charge mobile phones and laptops) is provided.
Quicksilver operates a 240v power system.
You can use your mobile phone to contact us 24 hours a day. Contact details for all emergency services (Water Police and Water Rescue) are provided onboard our houseboats. All of our boats have a 240v inverter so that your mobile phone stays charged at all times.
For any other queries, please email or call us…